Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Capes of Lucas, December25th

Did you know that Cabo San Lucas means the capes of Lucas?  This was a tender port for us and we had no excursions planned as we have been here many times.  We took our time getting off after all the ticketed tender folks had gone. It was a warm Christmas Day!  We had one sea day to get here and we slept in, walked the decks, explored a few other places on the ship and then set off to walk a bit onshore and look for a pharmacy.  I wanted to see if I could get Celebrex; not the genetic version but the real thing.  It seems to really help my arthritis but I can only get the generic brand through my insurance and it doesn’t work for me at all.  Anyway we enjoyed the port area and found a nice place for a cool drink and a snack.  


I didn’t really take any photos in Cabo.  Lots of places were closed due to Christmas Day but none the less we were masked up and cautious.  Our all aboard was 5:30.  We were on board well before that time. We sat on the back of the Lido deck and played some cards.  Then we headed to our rooms to dress a little fancier for our holiday dinner in the main dining room.  We were treated to a beautiful window location for four.  The dining room was virtually empty when we sat down.  The meal was ok.  Nothing really that spectacular but service was perfect and the atmosphere festive.  The entertain that night was Frankie Valley at 7:30.  They were a group of four guys doing all his songs. We opted out but Betsy and Chuck said they were fabulous.  We wandered around a bit but many bars and venues were closed I’m sure due to COVID.  Lots of other things were going on like game shows, trivia, the BB King Blues band , whiskey tasting and shop specials but we headed to our room and enjoyed a holiday movie.  



No comments:

High Tea and Cricket Matches

Our port today is Bridgetown Barbados.  Dan says we have never been here so I guess I go with his memory which is much better than mine!  Fo...